Team Leader Assembly
- - Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, HSA/FSA, life ins and more!
The Assembly Team Lead oversees the production area in a variety of complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations in accordance with company policy and safety procedures. They ensure an effective and accurate production line that minimizes costs and aligns unit objectives.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions.
• Must be able to perform repetitive tasks.
• Must embrace change
• Ability to work in a TEAM environment.
• Clean and maintain work area.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees, monitors, trains and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual member's
• Acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization
• Supports the activities of the operations department.
• Ensures team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's directive.
• Oversees the daily department production activity and facilitates departmental workflow.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Plans, schedules and monitors the production cycle determining staff requirements and coordinates production staff for production schedules
• Coordinates the efficient movement of production to meet area requirements
• Applies process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned cell, records production time and quantity data at the cell
• Performs complex precision assembly in accordance with written, visual and verbal instruction
• Conducts Inspections of own and /or other associates work to insure correctness in accordance with company and /or customer drawing
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Must meet and maintain daily production targets (once fully trained).
• 2-4 years or more of relevant experience depending on the complexity level of the job
• A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
• Experience in planning, scheduling and monitoring production cycles
• Capable of performing complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations
• Good organizational skills to lead activities of production cycle
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze and determine methods and procedures
• Skilled problem-solver: Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
• Able to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
• Self-directed work ethic
• Detail oriented
• Basic math proficiency
• Proficient in English (reading, writing & verbal skills)
• Applicants must be US Citizens or have permission to work within the US
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Piezo Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Piezo Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
1. Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
2. Positions which report to: Assembly
3. Advises, consults and coordinates with: Production Support, Quality, Assembly, Fabrication, Powder