- - Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance.
Works directly with highly motivated individuals and teams focused on the delivery of leading-edge products or systems from concept/proposal to full Production release. The project manager is responsible for coordinating all efforts leading to successful contract delivery and/or Production release. Develops, defines, and executes project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables. Helps to identify and determine resources needed for a project. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers and partners on business and technical matters. This position has responsibility for overall project/product/program management.
- Strong team player that assumes ownership/ responsibility for accomplishing tasks.
- Ensures customer satisfaction. Listens and provides timely and appropriate responses to questions and concerns.
- Manages multiple projects providing provide project management training/mentoring to others within the organization.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to pursue new opportunities from existing projects/programs and forecasts for new/emerging opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project planning:
- Prepares a descriptive statement of work including detailed schedule/timeline with milestones and review points, budgeting and subcontracts, IP and NDAs, project specifications, requirements, regulatory certifications (i.e., export compliance), and identifying critical customer issues and deliverables.
- Communicates the project plan, goals, and assignments to each project participant ensuring that each person has a solid understanding of their role and deliverables.
- Engages and negotiates for internal resources.
- Monitors project performance and resolves problems as needed to ensure projects remain on schedule and within budget.
- Monitors and tracks all project changes, ensuring that customer is well informed and in agreement.
- Reports on project progress to customer and senior management.
- Project management:
- Serves as the primary customer interface during development. Is knowledgeable about all aspects of the project, providing regular status updates and documenting scope changes.
- Conducts technical reviews and prepares activity/status/progress reports for the project.
- Responsible for the results of all functions including design, economic evaluation, and final implementation. Assures that internal procedures and policies are followed.
- Maintains thorough and accurate project records. Ensures records are complete, organized, and auditable.
- Manage and track labor and material charging for multiple projects.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of project management experience with technology or engineering based product development and delivery.
- Experience with industrial, Aerospace or DoD customers is strongly preferred, with direct Navy involvement a plus.
- Must possess strong knowledge of Risk Management and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time to support programs. Must be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally including but not limited to Mexico, China, and India.
- Must be a U.S. Person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Excellent problem solving and proven project management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Visio, and MS Project (or equivalent).
- Ability to multi-task and extremely well organized.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal) with effective interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Business, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations will also be considered.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Office / Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Piezo Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Piezo Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.