- - Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance.
A Mechanical Design Engineer with the responsibility for the design development and documentation of new transducer products as well as build to print products. Provide technical support to both internal and external customers.
Work effectively across all levels within the location as required to perform responsibilities
- Develop good interpersonal relationships necessary for effective teamwork
- Maintain professional disposition with all customers, visitors, and employees
- Follow a complete and thorough process when developing new product designs.
- Understand and follow the changing developments in piezoelectric technology and transducer design technology.
- Provide mechanical design expertise to support development of new products.
- Deconstruct built to print products to develop assembly and test instructions.
- Perform value analysis during the product design phase while optimizing product development costs.
- Coordinate projects and tasks with the other Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to complete assignments and projects on schedule.
- Reduce costs and improve mechanical design and development processes, using best practices and professional knowledge.
- Test and evaluate new designs, processes, techniques and/or methodologies to develop products for use in various applications/markets including medical, military, and oil and gas.
- Maintain project files and appropriate records of work.
- Evaluate and apply leading edge technologies for the purpose of creating new products and ideas, along with new application opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / background:
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a mechanical design environment with emphasis on product design and manufacturing process development.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to other Amphenol and Customer sites both domestic and abroad.
- A thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques related to mechanical parts selection and design including material selection and fabrication techniques.
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge.
- Working knowledge of the PC and related software packages. Proficient with mechanical design software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Solid Works. Familiar with Finite Element Method (FEM) software such as ANSYS, COMSOL, etc.
- Ability to consistently exercise independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with every level of the organization
- B.S. or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each workday doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Piezo Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Piezo Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.