- - Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you must be a self-motivated achiever and team player, able to provide the manufacturing engineering function including planning and design for manufacturing processes, documentation revision and maintenance, workflow efficiency and continual process improvement. This disciplined individual provides direct support to manufacturing through organized problem solving, process development and control, and failure analysis. They would provide a range of expertise in supporting and improving the manufacturing capabilities to produce products and contribute to improving a range of fabrication processes that can directly impact the sustaining and growth efforts of operations. They would participate in the introduction of new products to the manufacturing and supply chain environment.
- Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required with effective interfacing with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must embrace change
- Responsible for analyzing and providing technical support of the current manufacturing system to provide safe methods, optimal production capabilities, cost reduction opportunities, process control methods and plans, and manufacturing layouts.
- Responsible for ceramic process engineering support for pressing, firing, fabrication, machining (mills, lathes, saws, and grinders) and assembly of dielectric and piezoelectric ceramics materials.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs
- Improves manufacturing efficiency, cost, product quality, and worker safety by analyzing current methods, new methods, new technologies and cost reduction activities in selected areas.
- Develop, evaluate, and document new manufacturing processes or engineering changes to existing manufacturing processes. Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures. Measure and report relevant metrics for assigned areas.
- Works with operators, vendors, and tool designers to develop tooling designs and actual tools within provided quality and cost constraints. When assigned they are also responsible for implementing the tooling with the operators.
- Accumulate, develop, and utilize data for purposes of establishing labor standards on process data and establishing costs of engineering changes and introductions.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the Quality Management System, such as SPC, 5S, Kaizen, lean methods, etc.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of preventative and corrective action for process related concerns.
- Responsible for providing technical support to install new systems and capital equipment on time, within cost constraints, established procedures and the production forecast.
- Advanced knowledge of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement
- Knowledge of and ability to manage Advanced Product Quality Planning (AQPQ) process for new product introductions, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), PFMEA, Process Control Plans (PCP), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), capability study & validation - including IQ/OQ/PQ, Validation Master Plan (VMP).
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Experience with machining/programming and maintaining associated fixtures, tooling, and documentation.
- Experience working in a high mix/ low volume manufacturing environment
- Sound technical judgment in solution of technical problems. Must have the ability to analyze data and make engineering decisions based on analyses.
- Knowledge of quality standards (ISO9001, ISO13485), statistical analysis, root cause analysis, APQP, CAPA
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience with Mastercam and/or Inventor software is a plus
- Proficient in English (reading, writing & verbal skills)
- Effective interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
- Position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Incumbent must be a U.S. person or protected individual within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines U.S. persons and protected individuals as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), U.S. Temporary Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma processes highly preferred.
- Experience analyzing high volume manufacturing processes and developing improvements through use of automation and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD software, SolidWorks is a plus.
- Requires Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
- Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each workday doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb.
- May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Piezo Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Piezo Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.