- - Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance, Vacation and Sick Time!
Amphenol Indianapolis has immediate openings for Assembly Operators! Do you like working with your hands and building things? From advanced products that detect flaws in jet engine components to custom ultrasonic transducers for medical imaging, our employees make a difference every day by building products that save lives! As a Production Assembler you will assemble Piezo transducer sub-assemblies and units, under well-defined instructions and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures. If this sounds exciting so far, this is what we are we looking for...
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks
- Must embrace change
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Must meet and maintain daily production targets (once fully trained)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is essential for us to fulfill customer orders
- May need to work Saturdays, variable scheduled(s) and additional hours as necessary.
If this sounds like you so far, below is a more technical summary of what you will do as an Assembly Operator at Amphenol Indianapolis!
We hire all Production Assemblers as temporary contracters with the potential to become a full time employee after 90 days of good performance and reliable attendance.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a range of routine mechanical and or electromechanical assembly of small parts or components in accordance with company instructions and procedures.
- Review shop traveler route card, or uncomplicated schematic drawings to confirm sequence of operations.
- Position very small parts such as fine pins, wires, solder particles and epoxy using tweezers or positioning fixtures
- Mix epoxies according to company formulas
- Bond or seals parts or assemblies with epoxies using direct heating elements or ovens and performs a variety of in-process testing
- Adjusts, bends, aligns and solders fine wires to base parts
- Ability to record test data into computer.
- Maintains proper paper work throughout the assembly process.
- 1-2 years of relevant production assembly experience in a Manufacturing or industrial setting preferred
- Soldering experience preferred
- Manual dexterity required for operating equipment, computers and small parts
- Ability to read and interpret basic company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Self-directed work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Basic math proficiency
- Able to problem-solve using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
- Proficient in English (reading, writing & verbal skills)
- High School diploma or the equivalent education and work experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting that will allow successful performance of job expectations
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Amphenol reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Amphenol shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.